Schools and Groups
Tribe Days – where groups are split into tribes and are given tasks to complete using skills that they are taught though out the day.
This is not a competition but a really good way to learn to work together, some of the tasks may involve the tribes coming together to complete a task for the benefit of all.
For teachers – looking at key learning outcomes throughout the day many subjects can be explored using the outdoors as a tool some work can be done in preparation before you arrive
- Craft and Design Tec – shelter building, catapults, snares.
- Living History – stories and anecdotes.
- Biology – Fresh water (biotic index)
- Geography – where the water comes from, where food comes from, land use
- Mathematics – compass bearings, shelter construction
- General Coordination – using a knife, archery
- Communication – giving and receiving information, negotiation
- Team Work – constructing rope bridge river crossing
There of course is a lot more, we have in effect an outdoor class room full of possibilities for young adventurers to learn.